Breakfast sponsored by UBC School of Biomedical Engineering
Co-Director, Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapeutics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California – Los Angeles
Biomaterials for minimally invasive therapeutics
Panel – Translation of Bioprinted Tissues into the Clinic
Will bioprinted tissues ever be accepted as mainstream therapies? How will we facilitate their adoption into clinical practice? This panel brings together experts from multiple fields to discuss the manufacture, regulation, and commercialization of novel bioprinted tissue products.
- Sam Wadsworth, CSO, Aspect Biosystems – Chair
- R. Lee Buckler, President & CEO, RepliCel Life Sciences, Inc.
- Todd A. Lorenz, Partner, Intellectual Property & Technology, Squire Patton Boggs
- Faisal M. Mirza, Surgeon, Artist, Author, Entrepreneur, OrthoSynthesis Inc.
- Fabio Rossi, Professor, Medical Genetics and Biomedical Engineering, University of British Columbia; Director of the Biomedical Research Centre; Director of Research of the School of Biomedical Engineering
Sponsored by the National Research Council of Canada
Lunch sponsored by Squire Patton Boggs
Sum Up of Panel Discussion
Research Officer, Human Health Therapeutics Research Centre, National Research Council of Canada
Advancing blood brain barrier modeling through 3D bioprinting of human induced pluripotent stem cells
Professor, Cellular & Physiological Sciences and Surgery, University of British Columbia, Diabetes Research Group Leader, School of Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences Institute
Cell therapy for diabetes – a role for bioprinting?
Assistant Professor, Maastricht University, MERLN Institute, Dept. of Complex Tissue Regeneration, The Netherlands
Additive manufacturing and bioprinting of tissue and organ-like constructs